With the massive urbanization and rush towards getting millionaire and billionaire is leaving away our elders quite away is isolation and we even not make slightest effort to understand them a bit. Below some videos is an attempt to better understand our elders by means of Gerontology.
- Gerontology Satisfaction: This video is about the experience of professionals who are into the career of aging. That supports and provides huge satisfaction to them while working among them who are elder and maintain quality of their life and at the same time enjoys wit, wisdom and creativity of the older persons.
- Social Work & Aging: This video is about statistical of Gerontology as there various trends are available in American society as well as countries globally. In the U.S., of those born in 1900 nearly half died before they were 50 years old. People born today can expect to live beyond their 75th year. In 1900 about one in 25 Americans was over 65; today one in eight is over 65. These all stats are about the need of Gerontology in society and its importance.
- What is Gerontology: In this video Gerontology is told as biology, sociology, and psychology combined together as to study aging process and individuals as they grow from middle age through later life.
- Importance of Gerontology: This video tells Aging as a multidisciplinary field that combines information collected from various areas of study. It is told as study of physical, mental, and social changes in older people as they age and changes occurring in society as developed from the aging population. Therefore professionals from diverse field and areas call themselves as a gerontologist.
- Nutritional Therapies for Age-related Eye Disease: This video is by Emily Y Chew, M.D who is an expert in Eye Diseases related to aging. In this video, she explains about eye related diseases in seniors and elders like macular degeneration and cataracts. In video, she has highlighted factors for eye diseases like natural history and risk factors of age related macular degeneration.